Friday, August 21, 2009

Holy Cannoli, it's been a long time!



I'm a horrible blogger. Sorry. :) Ben had his hernias repaired in March, did great, needed some oxygen post-op, but was weaned before coming home so that was awesome. The recovery was minimal and you can hardly see the incisions at all already. He got off the apnea monitor in May which was SOOOO liberating. In June, he got his first head cold which quickly went to an ear infection. I think I ended up with a few gray hairs worrying on that one. He got some IM and PO antibiotics and it stayed out of his lungs though, Praise God. He turned 10 months old the other day and is 13 # 7 oz!! He is not close to being on any growth curves, actual or adjusted age. :) He is so strong though, he started trying really hard to sit up in late June/early July and is doing it great now. He rolled over from his belly to his back several months ago but didn't roll onto his belly until early August. The kid hates being on his belly except to sleep at night. He wants to be standing up, thank you very much. :) He's very quick to smile and has a belly laugh that his daddy calls his Reven.ge of the Ner.ds laugh. It's pretty cute. He loves to eat yogurt or peaches and bananas or sweet potatoes. He will eat peas, green beans, carrots and zucchini as well but he'd really rather it be sweet potatoes. His reflux is 300% percent better, with only the rare spit-up and he's working really hard to figure out how to hold his own bottle. He's an independent one, that's for sure. He loves his cousin Hadley and lights up when he sees her or his Nana. He's also started getting really excited when he hears Daddy come home from work. He absolutely loves being outside, that will calm him down 98% of the time if he's frustrated. He is our joy, a true miracle.

I've been off work about 6 weeks now due to having Gast.ric B.ypass surgery the end of July so I've gotten to spend a lot of time with him. I only have about 3 more weeks before I have to go back to work and while I'm looking forward to some things because I miss my work friends and the stimulation, I have truly enjoyed all this extra time with Ben.

I'm beat and going to bed since he might be hollering at me soon. His teeth have been waking him up at night. None have come through yet, but he's been drooling and chewing on everything in sight for about 2 months now.

Hopefully I will keep this up better. If not, see you in October ;)

1 comments:

Jimmie's Auntie Amber said...

Thank you Amy for your advice and ideas for Jimmie! Your little Ben is adorable. He looks very similar to Jimmie doesn't he?? So freakin cute!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com