Monday, January 08, 2007

Toasters, Blenders and Towels

So Josh and I are getting ready to register for wedding gifts. I always thought this would be fun, but I'm not enjoying it as much as I had hoped. For one, I am going to be 30 years old in just a few weeks. So, it's not as though I'm still using a total mis-matched group of everything. Somewhere over the last 12 years I have bought some things for myself. A set of plates here, silverware there, mixing bowls, microwaves, glassware, coffepot, pots and pans. Josh is 26 and loves to cook. So, he has quite a few things accumulated as well. So, between the two of us we are not exactly hard up for housewares. So, what do we register for? How do we ask for cash without sounding rude? My house is the size of a postage stamp with 1.5 closets. I do not have room for extras. If I register for plates then I need to get rid of mine. Who wants them? They're nice but nothing fabulous. Do I haul a bunch of perfectly fine stuff to Goodwill just because I needed to put down something tangible to get as wedding presents??? All I really really want is that $400 kitchenaid mixer. Who's going to get me that? We'll see I guess, maybe it will be easier in person than it seems online to come up with enough things to register for. I'd really rather have the cash.

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com